Upcoming events we think may help bring your team together OR give individuals a chance to learn some valuable skills. Events at the Broadway Comedy Club, 318 West 53rd Street, New York, NY 10019.
Saturdays 10am COFFEE, DONUTS & IMPROV
Mondays 6pm Afterwork Improv Workshops
Network with professionals from various industries while you discover Improv and unleash
your potential for better public speaking and team work. Build Self Confidence and become
a stronger creative/critical thinker.
TUESDAYS 7pm LMAO ALL STARS Improv Show
LMAO is back in Times Square. The cast of EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH veterans take
stage with interactive musical comedy. Many guests invited on stage to play. The show
ends with an Improvised musical. Popular destination for college and corporate groups. PG-
13 comedy OK for teens and older but designed for 18yo+. $25 plus TWO drink min
CLICK HERE for discount tickets.
- Saturdays 10am COFFEE, DONUTS & IMPROV
– Sept 8, 15, 22, 29
– 9:45 coffee & donuts served.
– 10am Improv Games that teach valuable skills – creative writing, critical thinking, public speaking, self-confidence. Great for leadership, sales, customer service, interviewing skills, and team communications.
– 11:30 Free for all. Guests can determine what games we play, Try some stand-up comedy, more networking etc
– $40 to drop in, $120 for 4 sessions. (Buy three get one free)
- Mondays 6pm Afterwork Improv Workshops
– September 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
– 5:45 we will have bottles of water and snacks. Bar is open if you would like adult beverages.
– 6pm Improv Games
– Stay for a show – there is an Improv Comedy Show at 8pm, Stand-up at 9pm. Two drink minimum but we can get you free tickets to hang out.
– $40 to drop in, $120 for 4 sessions. (Buy three get three free)
- TUESDAYS 7pm LMAO ALL STARS Improv Show
– Bring the entire team after work for just a few friends and colleagues. Adult comedy (Politics, Pop Culture, Sports etc) but PC friendly for the entire office to enjoy.
– $25 plus TWO Drink minimum. CLICK HERE for discount tickets.
Bring your team for a private workshop. Team Building Specialist, Walt Frasier, has worked with 100s of teams from JP Morgan Chase, IBM, Morgan Stanley, Master Card, American Express, NYC Schools (DOE VENDOR), Microsoft/BING, Twitter, Louis Vuitton, Coach, Home Depot, Enrst & Young, GM, KRAFT, UBS, UNILEAVER and 100s more smaller/local firms (Law firms, Advertising, NYC Health Department and DOE, etc).
Playing Improv Games and Learning YES AND… not only buildings a strong team but also develops better leadership, sales, customer service, interviewing skills, teaching and more.
While we always recommend starting with basic course, in more advance sessions we use Improv to role play conflict management, medical scenarios, court room, presentation techniques, and even how to be a better teacher.
JUST $500 for one teacher (recommended for up to 20. No more than 30/teacher).
We can send this to any venue in tristate area (add travel costs for outside NYC 5 boros) or host at our Times Square / Columbus Circle area theater. We have a small space fee that can be waived in lieu of food/beverage options.
Interactive Comedy Shows are a great way to bring the team together. We host a dozen holiday parties every December (BOOK EARLY) as well as regular team building get-together events year round.
The cast uses your team’s suggestions to create original songs and skits. While the comedy is designed for adults, we do not get raunchy and we never offend. The goal is to bring the team together not divide.
WHY COMEDY CLASSES?
We have a list of great reasons for comedy classes and shows, but based on scientific research from John Hopkins, Stanford, etc it may be the laughs alone that are most important. Laughter builds bonds. Laughter reduces stress, blood pressure and builds a better heart. Simply playing these games we develop creativity and critical thinking.
“Humor and creativity work in similar ways,”
says humor guru William Fry, M.D., of Stanford University
“by creating relationships between two disconnected items,
you engage the whole brain.”
Learning the power of YES AND… is a game changer.
As a team building tool, we learn to have fun together at the office. Yes And… directly correlates to Psychological Safety.
In meetings we learn to be more productive by positively bouncing around ideas, instead of shooting down others.
In leadership we learn to listen and lead, rather than become dictators.
In Sales and Customer Service we learn to truly listen to the client and respond to their needs, rather than stick to a script that may or may not have the answers. We learn to be in the moment.
Similarly can use Improv to be better at interviewing. Whether interview an author at your library, interviewing a company to use for sub contracting, or interviewing new employees, we learn to truly listen and ask the follow up questions based on the answers provided.